tirsdag den 24. april 2012

Big Spender??

It has been claimed that I am a big spender, when it comes to my food.. But... I disagree!!
I might use more ingredients than is most necessary. I might use something slightly above the cheapest discount. Hell, I even use organic!
But to disprove this heinous claim, I will now deliver an example.. Behold! A Salad.



Details (Now with prices):
From top down:
Pine nuts, toasted, about 1/6 of a bag, bought for half price...
Asparagus... Leftover from salmon, bought for half price. Fried in butter.
Bacon. The rest of the package from the chili casserole.
Shaves of cheese, and even a good one!
1000 days gouda. Like a parmesan with a more filling taste.
Expensive? Yes.
To me? Nope!
It was from a counter of heavily discounted cheeses in the local supermarket. And for some reason, no one wanted a cheese that old. And it expired soon! (Gasp!) Within the next month!
So got it for 20% original price...
THEN it's the tomatoes, these are wild, organic, beautiful tomatoes. Limited stock, same price as all the other tomatoes.
Under that it is a heap of braised red deer meat...
From a brawn my mother gave me, which I "melted" on the pan.
Salad underneath is organic, special offer, same price as regular.
Sourdough rye bread was free. Got a loaf from the cantina at work so they didn't have to throw it out.

And all of it topped with my... 4 leaf balsamico... Bought for... About... $18 (100kr.)...


Result:
Sure might be prettier at a café, and maybe even cheaper, but it was good... The cheese, bacon, asparagus, and meat really united well, and the tomatoes, salad, and balsamico countered it perfectly with sour nodes. Didn't taste much of the pine nuts, but they did give a slightly sweet hint that worked well against the rest.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar