onsdag den 25. april 2012

I Just Don't Bake...

What a mess!! Flour is most definitely my nemesis in the realm of cooking!
Today I wanted something that I could pick up and munch with both hands, so a small size calzone really seamed like the thing.
The result, however, was kind of mixed...




Details:
For the filling I made 3 layers: Bottom is babyspinach. Blanched in a pan with salt.
Second layer was meat. Minced beef, with onion, garlic, tomato paste, beef stock, and a handful of mixed fresh herbs.
Third was a mushroom mix, quickly fried in butter with salt.

The dough was a simple, basic, yeast pizza dough. No eggs or anything.


Result:
Soggy bottom! Yea, despite my efforts to drain the mushrooms, beef and spinach of excess liquid...
Also, I baked it for 30 minutes at 250 c, which should be MORE than enough! But it did not seam to springy. I also brushed it with this "liquid margarine" kind of stuff, but the crust was just hard and boring :(
The filling was really good though! All 3 layers. The beef was a little salty, because I forgot how salty the stock was, so added extra salt.
Anyway, got some buns out of it too, so it's just peachy :) And here's a shot of the inside:


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar