søndag den 22. april 2012

Freezer Diving

I am really not setting up a good example here...
Sunday is usually vegetarian day, for the global conscience around our excessive meat consumption. But this time around, it was porkchops.

To my defense, the alternative was to throw it out. There simply was no room for it in the freezer any more!
That is, after I had to make room for 1kg butter in 10g packages...
Explanation: I use butter as a "condiment", so in very small amounts, and only rarely. I don't want to buy a pack of butter just to throw 95% of it out some time later, and I don't want to be without. So when I came across the pack of butter at a 70% discount, I couldn't help it!




Details:
The pork was in some kind of tomato/mushroom sauce, but almost wiped clean.
Some boiled potatoes, just crushed with knife and fork.
Frozen spinach I also had to pull out. Which I mixed with garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Garnished with plenty of pecorino and roasted sunflower seeds.

Result:
Could have omitted the vinegar.. And you know what could have a been REALLY good? a dollop of melted butter, right between the potatoes and the spinach! But I don't have any... Oh wait.....

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar